3 Things to Know About the PRP Facial
The world of aesthetics has undergone a number of very important changes and seen tremendous advancements over the years. With cosmetic enhancement and wellness care, being the hottest topics in healthcare, many believe the rise is due to the brilliant new methodologies and techniques expert doctors and healers have brought into the mainstream. One such technique is the use of PRP or platelet rich plasma in the world of cosmetic enhancement. For years the use of PRP was popularized in sports medicine – Kobe Bryant famously flew around the world at times to have his blood simply removed, spun and injected back into his cartilage-less knees. And it really saved him, added an extra few years to his brilliant career as a professional basketball player. But as PRP made its way into aesthetics, the likes of Kim Kardashian and her now infamous Vampire plasma facial Queens medical spa Aesthetic Solutions offers as well – in which she posed with a face full of blood. This stemmed a whole new side of healthcare, and not only were women across America asking for their own platelet rich plasma facial Queens medical spa, Aesthetic Solutions, amongst other doctors and the ‘Vampire’ treatment experts are using the technology to bolster and heal all types of tissue and common issues – from sexual dysfunction (in both men and women), to breast lifts and heel injuries in runners. At Aesthetic Solutions we are proud to offer our patients the Vampire plasma facial or PRP facial. To better educate patients on all there is to know about this procedure here are some important things to know.
· How Does it Work?
The procedure for the platelet rich plasma facial Queens medical spa Aesthetic Solutions offers, is fairly simple, as it combines two popular procedures microneedling and PRP therapy. The process goes as follows:
1. Prep – Face is cleaned and prepped. Sometimes face is covered with numbing cream if desired.
2. Drawing Blood – We draw blood, it is spun around in a rapid centrifuge – a device used to spin and create a separation in liquid compounds. The red blood cells are separated from the platelet rich plasma solution (rich in growth factors you will see later).
3. Application – A typical microneedling process is done, micropunctures are put into the surface of the skin and face. Anywhere the skin needs to be treated, wrinkles, lines, discolorations, blemishes and more. PRP solution can either be injected into he holes, or spread across the face and slowly massages into the skin – seeping into the holes and thus into the inner layers of the skin, to work its restorative magic.
4. Rest & Recover – You will be resting and in a state of recovery for a few weeks after the procedure. Slowly, over time you will notice improvements to your overall look and facial aesthetic &health..
· What are the Growth Factors found in PRP?
The 6 main growth factors that our blood PRP is composed of includes the following, these are designed to heal our tissue, improve circulation, and build new, functional tissue!
· Platelet-Derived Growth Factor – PDGF, helps promote the growth of blood vessels, cell regeneration and in-turn the formation of new skin tissue.
· Transforming Growth Factor-Beta – TGF-b, promotes the growth of the cellular matrix between our cells. Also, the metabolism of bone materials.
· Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor – VEGF, promotes the formation of blood vessels.
· Epidermal Growth Factor – EGF, promotes cellular growth and cellular differentiation; as well as blood vessel formation, and collagen production.
· Fibroblast Growth Factor-2 – FGF-2, promotes growth of specialized cells and blood vessel formation.
· Insulin Growth Factor – Regulates the physiology of almost every cell in the body.
· What will the results be like? Benefits?
Once spun in the centrifuge, the PRP solution acts as a tissue rejuvenating solution that can help patients to undergo an amazing resurfacing and restoration of their skin and other tissue. After a plasma facial patients can expect skin that is smoother, softer, more supple, and free of former wrinkles, fine lines, facial abrasions, blemishes, and much more.
The process causes cellular turnover, and essentially using microneedling (and controlled trauma) damages the skin along areas with abrasions and unwanted dead, dull, poorly hydrated skin – once the PRP and the body’s naturally restorative nature can work on it, it will trigger the growth of fresh, new skin cells to take their place!
For more information about the PRP FACIAL or other PRP technology, be sure to contact ASNY today.