With the Revolutionary Plasma Pen
What are Skin Tags?
A skin tag is the general name given to a small, hanging area of skin growths, which appear along the skin’s surface. Occasionally, these growths will have somewhat of a stalk and can appear at any point on the body.
Essentially, these growths are benign skin tumors, which means they are non-cancerous growths that are completely harmless, without any real reason for worry.
They can appear like balloon-like growths that appear at areas of the body, where the skin folds or creases over, such asthe:
- Under the female breast tissue.
They consist of a set of cores, skin fibers and ducts, nerve cells, fat, and an outer layer of skin, similar to our skin’s outer layer. Considering that they are benign, and completely harmless, skin tag removal is purely a cosmetic procedure, that is done fairly easily – especially when using the revolutionary Plasma Pen treatment!
Again, skin tags mainly develop in areas where the skin creases or folds over on itself – like the neck, armpits, eyelids, and even under the breasts of females.
Considering this, many scientists and experts believe that the main cause of skin tags is the friction caused by skin rubbing together against itself or another surface, like our clothing. This is a major reason why younger children tend to develop skin tags on their eyelids, as they have a tendency to rub their eyes a lot. They are also quite prevalent in the underarm area of those who take part in sports and other activities in which there is extensive motion in the arms.
While the majority of the population will or has experienced skin tags during their lifetime, certain people and groups, with specific factors, are more susceptible. Some of the skin tag factors include:
- Age – While they can occur at any age, they are far more common in individuals between the ages of 40 and 60.
- Weight –Skin tags are far more common in those who are overweight or considered obese, as these individuals will experience more tissue rubbing together.
- Hormone Levels & Pregnancy – Those with fluctuating hormone levels, such as a pregnant woman are also more likely to develop skin tags.
Other Skin Tag Removal Methods
Some smaller skin tags may fall off on their own or can be rubbed off by hand. However, for larger skin tags minor, semi-invasive procedures are required.
Some methods for skin tag removal are:
- Cryotherapy: Freezing of the skin tag and the area surrounding the skin tag using liquid nitrogen. Rarely used.
- Excision Surgery: Removal using a scalpel or surgical knife.
- Ligation: a surgical method that ties off the blood supply to a skin tag, using a surgical thread.
- Laser resurfacing: Some skin tags can be removed using one of our specialized resurfacing lasers.
Plasma Pen Skin Tag Removal
While these other methods can be affective, they will often take a long, drawn-out process, and there is a high chance the growth will come back soon after. However, with the Plasma Pen’s unique electrical energy tip, we are able to completely remove any skin tag within seconds, in a no fuss procedure! Patients will barely feel a thing, except the minor pinch of the Plasma Pen tip. Once the removal has been done, the skin tag is gone forever, and patients will not experience any scarring or marks afterwards.
Another benefit of Plasma Pen skin tag removal is that not only are there not scars or marks after but there is almost 0 chance of spreading the growths. Often times, when skin tags are removed using other methods, they tend to spread pieces of skin tissue to other parts of the skin, causing bacteria and other issues to spread and additional growths to appear. With one zap of the plasma pen, the entire skin tag is 100% eliminated without any future concerns whatsoever!
For more information on skin tag removal or to schedule a consultation, contact the team Aesthetic Solutions NY today.