Varicose Vein Treatment Methods that Work
The presence of varicose veins is one of the most common circulatory issues affecting both men and women today. While they tend to affect mostly women, they can appear in anyone, regardless of age, gender, or health status. As a result, varicose vein treatment is one of the most popular services offered at Aesthetic Solutions. The experts at Aesthetic Solutions use revolutionary varicose vein treatment methods that will not only reduce the presence of veins in their current state but will also help prevent future varicose veins from forming.
Varicose veins often occur during pregnancy, or as a result of extended periods of time standing or sitting, without adjusting your movement too much. In the beginning, varicose veins appear to be wiry, twisted, mostly dark blue veins, that will often protrude from their place beneath the skin’s surface. Despite being relatively harmless as a health condition, they can have a drastic effect on one’s self- esteem and prove to be quite a prominent cosmetic issue. Many of those seeking varicose vein treatment feel quite self-conscious and are seeking a respite from the world of wearing long pants, stockings, and finding alternative means of covering up their legs and hiding those unsightly veins. While the mental & cosmetic aspects are enough for most individuals to seek treatment, the issue with varicose veins is that when they are left untreated they can lead to the following symptoms:
• Heavy, immobile limbs or legs.
• Swelling and inflammation in the legs or arms.
• Overall tiredness, especially when walking.
• Leg pain, and overall discomfort in the limbs.
• Overly protruding, swelling or bulging veins.
While there are plenty of varicose vein treatment methods available for patients, at Aesthetic Solutions we like to provide our clients with the best overall varicose vein treatment around, allowing for the fastest and most efficient means of restoring form and function within the legs and limbs. Our favorite methods of varicose vein treatment are:
• EVLT or Endovenous Laser Treatment: Relatively non-invasive this form of varicose vein treatment allows us to remove these unwanted veins using a thin wave of light emitting a tiny amount of energy into the treatment area. The laser light energy causes the vein to become sealed, and closes off this passageway to blood, making the blood have to reroute itself to other, healthier veins.
• RFA or Radiofrequency Ablation: One of the most common forms of varicose vein treatment today, RFA uses rf energy delivered into a small incision and tiny catheter, directly through to the vein. The rf energy causes the collagen makeup of the venous walls to break down, collapse, and seal themselves up. Again, this forces the blood to reroute to healthier veins.
• Sclerotherapy: Another favorite of those patients seeking varicose vein treatment, sclerotherapy works by injecting a foamy solution into the veins, causing them to shrink fairly quickly, and becoming sealed off. For best results, multiple treatments may be required.
• VenaSeal: Using a small catheter, a medical-grade adhesive is inserted into the varicose vein, causing the vein to again, be sealed shut. This sealing causes the blood to be rerouted through other more healthy veins.
All these methods of varicose vein treatment are fairly non-invasive, and therefore patients will experience almost no pain and minor discomfort. Also, there is almost no downtime, and patients can return to their normal activities immediately after treatment. For more information on any of these or other forms of varicose vein treatment, contact Aesthetic Solutions NY today.